Login / Register
Laser/ILCA Dinghy Charters
CharterBoat maintains a fleet of approximately 30 to 4o Lasers/ILCA dinghies guaranteed to be less than 12 months old and this fleet attends most Laser regattas in Europe. Therefore if a coach is attending European regattas with their sailors we can offer a one stop shop for charters. This means you will never have to worry about transporting your boat which will allow you to fly into the venue with your Laser/RIB all ready to go…
The usual procedure is to check out your charter boat a couple of days before the start of the regatta or at the start of your training clinic. You sign a form acknowledging the condition the boat was in upon pickup and pay a damage deposit of €200, then the boat is yours to the end of the event.
At the end of the event, you check the boat in and sign the boat off assuming there is no damage. When you have got the all clear from the charter manager we refund the damage deposit. Any damage to the gel coat (on the hull) will incur a 35 euro fine deducted from the damage deposit. Spars and foils that are badly bent or broken will incur a fine of 50% of the purchase price.
Your Laser/ILCA charter boat will be supplied with the following equipment provided:
- Laser hull with bailer fitted
- Racing padded toe strap, shockcord and toe strap line.
- Spars, lower and top mast, boom complete with all fittings attached
- Mainsheet deck side cleats
- XD deck base fittings with cleats, but without blocks
- Launching trolley
- You may not make any alterations to any part of the boat, its equipment, spars or fittings, even if subsequently replaced, without approval from CharterBoat.
Equipment not provided (you need to supply the following):
- Sails and battens
- Tiller and tiller extension
- Mainsheet block with spring
- All control lines with all control line blocks
- Traveller blocks
- Boom vang
- Wind indicator
- Compass (if you use one)
If you need a carbon fibre top mast there is an extra charge of €50.
Please remember all the small blocks for the control systems as we cannot supply these.
Masts are available in the charter price however it’s very difficult to keep them in good racing order, so if you are particular about your mast, we suggest you bring your own.
We would also like to remind you that you are responsible for the boat insurance at the regatta, you may need to transfer your own Laser/ILCA insurance for the charter period.
Charter of Carbon Fibre Top mast
If you need us to included a Carbon Fibre Top Mast with the charter, we can do that for an additional fee of €50 on top of the charter fee, as they are particularly vulnerable to wear and tear. Any significant damage will result in the loss of your €200 damage deposit. If your carbon fibre top mast gets stolen, you are responsible for the replacement.
Boat Insurance is not covered within the charter price. Please make sure that you transfer your own boat insurance before you travel as most regatta organisers will ask for it in writing.
All Laser/ILCA Dinghies are chartered subject to availability. A non-refundable deposit which must be received by Charter Boat before a booking is confirmed. The balance payment must be received by us at least 30 days before the start of the charter period.
Palma, Hyéres, Medemblik Regatta and Kiel regatta, Standard Senior Europeans; Youth European Championships, the Radial European Championships all have a very high demand for charters each year.
Please e-mail us first to see what our availability is for the regatta you would like to attend? Please, do not make any payment onto we have confirmed availability.
Charter Boat Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation 30 days before the start date of the charter period: full refund (60 days for High Season).
- Cancellation within 30 days before the start date of the charter period, forfeit deposit (within 60 days for High Season).
- Cancellation within 29 days before the start date of the charter period, forfeit full fee (within 59 days for High Season).
We strongly recommend that charter clients should ensure they have Travel Insurance.
- In exceptional circumstances, Charter Boat may offer you credit to partake in another Charter Boat regatta within 6 months of the original start date. This decision is at the discretion of Charter Boat staff.
Low Season is from September to March/High Season April to August.
Please take out Travel Insurance to protect against loss if you are unable to travel.